Wegbeschreibung Villa Collazzone
The owners call the Villa Collazzone : Il Poggio.
Address of the villa:
Strada Colle della Ghirlanda 110/b,
06050 Collazzone (PG)
Key holder: Lucia Pericolini.
Please call or send a text message to her approximately 2 hours before arrival at +393396315145.
PLEASE DO NOT FORGET, THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!
Arrival time at Villa Collazzone is between 16.00 and 19.00 hrs.
Please note that water is scarce in Italy. In summer it regularly happens that the local authorities close the water for several hours a day. The house has an extra water reservoir, but you are asked not to spoil water.
Directions from Rome (south)
1. From the Roma-Firenze A1 motorway, exit at “Orte “ then bear right towards “Terni” and “Perugia”.
2. After about 20km, take exit signed Perugia-Cesena (E45). Stay on E45 for another 30 minutes until exit “Todi-Orvieto”. Take this exit and bear right off the exit ramp.
3. Follow signs to “San Terenziano” (11km). This is a pretty but bumpy road.
4. Go through San Terenziano. At the other end of the town, bear left toward “Gualdo Cattaneo” and “Collesecco”.
5. After 1.9 km, turn left toward “Saragano”.
6. After 2.4 km, at a small roundabout, turn right towards “Ceralto”.
7. Follow this road (which soon climbs steeply) for 0.9 km. Near the top of the rise you will see a road to your left (the fourth driveway from Saragano) sign-posted “Via del Poggio”. Turn left.
8. The road surface becomes gravel (you are 1.3km to your destination). At the first fork, keep left. Pass la Cerqua gate on your right, and then follow the road steeply, slowly downhill.
9. You will see two houses on your left across the field. ll Poggio-Villa Collazzone is the further and higher one, with a stone and wood gate.
Directions from Perugia (north)
1. From Perugia Take the E45 expressway South, signed “Roma” and “Terni”.
2. Pass “Deruta” and “Casalina” exits and take “Ripabianca” exit, also signed Foligno. Merge right after exit loop. At crossroads after 200 meters turn left towards “Bastardo” and “Foligno”.
3. After about 5 Km, turn right just before a large reddish house, signed to Saragano and Gaglietole. Bear left on narrow uphill road to the village.
4. At entrance of Galglietole (1km) turn sharp right uphill immediately at the church, following tourist signs to La Ghirlanda and Locanda Del Prete, climbing past olive groves, then bearing left and levelling off onto a scenic ridge road. Pass the tiny hamlet of Ceralto (about 2km).
5. Pass the tiny hamlet of Ceralto (about 2km). After about another 3 km, turn sharp right again uphill onto our gravel drive, signed “Via del Poggio” and “La Cerqua”. (you are 1.3km to your destination)
6. At the first fork, keep left. Pass la Cerqua gate on your right, and then follow the road steeply, slowly downhill. You will see two houses on your left across the field. ll Poggio is the further and higher one, with a stone and wood gate.
It takes about 2 and one-quarter hours in normal traffic to reach the house from the Rome ring road and airports, and a little less from either Florence or Ancona, via the Perugia by-pass. Perugia-Assisi airport is 40 mins from the house.
The google map coordinates of the house are 42.895764, 12.462603
These coordinates we received from the owner: Latitude 42°53'44.42"N, Longitude 12°27’45.91"E