Quiet estate set in age old woodland in Umbria, on the border with Tuscany. This is the ideal location if you are looking for a relaxing holiday surrounded by nature and with excellent views over the surrounding hills.
The estate consists of several farmhouses from the 17th century. Totally restored and turned into holiday houses, here you can enjoy nature, a beautiful ecological pool with view or you can explore the marvels of Umbria and Tuscany.
The estate (borgo) in Umbria offers its guests a pool with spectacular views over hills and nature, a furnished solarium, a bubble bath, a grass volleyball court, a barbecue and mountain bikes for hire.
The owners can organize, for interested guests, a morning or afternoon walk with donkeys. This can be organized before, or also while you are already staying at Il Borgo.
Il Borgo is an excellent place to relax and enjoy the Umbrian nature. Do note that it is situated in a very quiet area, ideal for walking and taking a break, fresh air and unspoiled views. The nearest supermarket is 10 km and the last stretch of road is 6 km not tarred (but in excellent condition).
The estate has 7 apartments in total of which you'll find 5 on our website. Furthermore there is a spacious living room for general use, with kitchen. The living room has some toys for the children and TV. Here you can also connect to the internet (wifi).
Il Borgo is the ideal choice for a holiday in nature. Peace and quietness are guaranteed and the owner is a good host. It is though 6 km non tarred country-lane to get here. The nearest supermarket is at 10 km distance.
The borgo offers guests also the following:
- Upon request, the owners can do some simple shopping for guests who do not wish to take the car into town (ask today for tomorrow).
- A nice welcome basket you will find upon arrival
- During high season the owners now and then organise a typical Umbrian dinner, with also explanation of the nature surrounding the borgo and the borgo itself. This is not free of charge.
- Once a week the antique wood oven of the borgo can be lit and a lady from the area can explain how to prepare food in this oven, show guests how to prepare the dishes and how to work the oven. This is not free of charge.
- Upon request, the owners can prepare a meal for the day of arrival, made of cold dishes one can keep in the fridge.
Spa & GymShared Dry sauna, Unheated Swimming pool (Shared)
OutsideCharcoal grill BBQ, Deck chairs, Shared Garden, Volleyball
Payment instructions to book Il Borgo
Payment via bank transfer:
30% upon booking and the balance one month before arrival.
Banca Popolare di Cortona
Terontola (AR) - Italy
Villa in Umbria di Van der Bolt Saskia M.J.
Via Santi Bistarelli 6
06069 Tuoro sul Trasimeno (PG)
For credit card payments: ask us for the payment link.